0.9.1 without oled

Hi guys,
i just received my t-beams today and flashed 0.9.1 on it.
I was impatient on wanted a quick start, so i did not solder the OLEDs to the devices.
Pairing was not an issue, i got the PINs via the the USB/serial log.
So i paired all devices to different smartphones/tablets and set the same channel parameters but i could not exchange any messages. Then i soldered the first OLED to the device, hoping to see an error message, but everything seemed fine. Then i soldered the OLED to the second device. After that the devices were able to exchange messages. The third one (without OLED) is still not receiving anything.

Is this an intended behaviour? Do i need to install a special firmware version if i don’t have a display attached or do i need to specify any special configuration while flashing?

I am new to using Meshtastic. So this may not be the reply you are looking for. Did you share the actual channel or did you just type the “channel name” into Meshtastic? I was having the same issue until I used bluetooth to pass the “channel” over to the other device. You could always take the channel off and see if you can get them to communicate.

I reproduced the issue by disconnecting the display and connecting it to the third device, after connecting the display and rebooting the device i had connectivity.

Sounds like a bug.

@geeksville would know.

Hi, I’m new to the project and have been testing 2 of the recommended T-Beam V1.1 w/ NEO-6M’s. Android app 0.9.01 and f/w 0.9.1. I have one unit with the OLED and one without. They both are communicating with each other.