Work radio, home radio, lose messages

I had some nice little threads going on either radio when folks are feeling chatty. But when I get home “are you sure you want to connect to a new radio” the messages are gone.

I have a hunch this has to do with how I’m using this stuff, and more likely still I don’t have a Lora connection between work and home.

Perhaps the radio holds messages for a while, then when my phone bluetooth connects, I get them all, and the radio erases them. The radio probably shouldn’t hold that stuff, but my phone should.

The radio itself is the tx/rx of messages vs my phone sending them via the radio and Lora. Kinda a paradigm sort of thing.

Perhaps that’s a suggestion.

You’ll only see this if you in the meantime connected to another radio. If you connect to the same radio, the messages will not be lost and you will receive all the messages it could store during the day (up to around 30) as well.

You could use the Store and Forward module to store more text messages and request them later.

I will connect to one radio in the morning, and a different radio at night. I keep losing all my messages and I don’t think it should work that way.