Want to help? Alpha test this build (no new tests needed at this time)

this bug is now fixed in the test android app release 1.1.22 thanks for the great report!

2 Likes

Odd behavior :
Flash w 1.1.20 from Win Srv 2016 using HomeFlasher, onboard OLED display has a continuous looping progress bar.
Unzip source, build and load 1.1.20 from VS Code w PlatformIO on Ubuntu 20.04 no looping progress bar.
Both installs pass basic BLE functionality. Messages sent and received.
Win Srv shows periodic obnoxious error pop-up that it doesn’t recognize USB device.

Ideas ?

1 Like

hmm - usually this means the wrong bin file type is installed (i.e. for a different board). what board type and what was installed?

Win Srv shows periodic obnoxious error pop-up that it doesn’t recognize USB device

I’m not sure, but perhaps try installing a different cp2014 driver? I think windows doesn’t include one by default.

TTGO firmware-tbeam-US-1.1.20.bin

I’ll reflash

Reflash worked. But win Srv dropped the cp210x and it ain’t coming back. Have had nothing but probs with that driver eversince i updated the OS, against my better judgement.

Are you using the drivers from here?

1.1.23 of the device code is up on github. A number of bug fixes in this release based on ya’lls feedback from 1.1.20.

• @mc-hamster a number of improvements for the web UI serving (this is @geeksville’s novice reading of the changelog - because wifi/http is mostly hotness he hasn’t played with yet ;-))
  • @mc-hamster force SoftAP mode if button held during power up.
  • @mc-hamster turn off led before soft shutdown
  • When a new node joins the mesh all other nodes immediately populate that node’s db. Dramatically decreases time it takes for new nodes to learn the other members
  • begin support for multiple simultaneous channels (including not requiring routing nodes to have the channel keys)
  • support for short/simple channels for fast (but shorter range) vs long range (but slow) default channels
7 Likes

These exact drivers were installed and were working fine until the Win Srv updated. Reinstalled after update followed by lots of squirelly behavior.

With the Forced SoftAP mode, this will be the easiest way to access your device over WiFi.

Steps:

• Hold down the user button (this is the middle button)
  • Push and release the reset button
  • Count to 2
  • Let go of the user button

Your device will broadcast its own Access Point:

SSID: meshtasticAdmin
PASS: 12345678

The device’s IP address or mdns address will be on the display. The SSID and pass will be on the same screen.

With the work @crossan007 @thepoweroftwo and Sacha (sorry, I don’t know your name on here) is doing, this will mean we will soon be able to send messages without a dedicated app from an App Store (read: it’ll work on iOS!) and we’ll be able to make changes to the device configuration without the python API.

Notes:

• Power consumption is more of a problem with WiFi turned on and there are connectivity bugs around that, but we’ll fix that … eventually.
  • The board will take an additional ~30 seconds to boot up the first time you go into this mode as we need to generate SSL keys.

More information here:

4 Likes

Hi!

I just wanted to check out the web interface on the new 1.1.23 version. For me it does not look like the screenshots I’ve seen in this thread at all and it does not really function.

I did a fresh install via the commandline (./device-install.sh -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -f firmware-tbeam-EU865-1.1.23.bin). After connecting to the AP I can only access the webserver via the IP. The meshtastic.local host does not work for me. The Interface only shows a button. After clicking it I get a popup message “device has been configured” and nothing else. The Browser console shows an error. I tested both, latest chrome and latest firefox with the same result. I also tested connecting with my laptop and my phone, also with the same result.

How is it supposed to look?

Best regards
Tobias

1 Like

This is exactly how it is supposed to look like at the moment :wink:

If you want to try the “alpha website” you can upload the files from this post to your device.

See more instructions here.

1 Like

@drewsed great, so I did not mess up that part. :wink:

Can you describe how exactly I can upload the files to the existing filesystem? Or is there simply a spiffs file i could use to replace the existing one?

@Noki, sorry I didn’t do it myself yet, but I assume you have to build the SPIFFS image yourself, because I can’t find one.

I assume you have to put the entire repo inside the data folder of your project to build it inside platformIO.

Another way is to upload the files one by one via the built in (experimental) filebrowser, see the second link above. But this is quite a hassle, though…

What I do not understand yet is how the index.html will be referenced inside the public folder, since the FW seems pointing to static/index.html. Maybe automagically?! :smiley:

We hope it’ll be made automagic at some point, but we’re still picking out our wands.

The files you want are here:

Once @crossan007 is comfortable, we’ll get those files included in the general build.

1 Like

Ok, got it to work. What was unclear to me is that http://192.168.42.1/static provides a web interface to modify the filesystem and to delete and upload files. Got it to work now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @mc-hamster I have several tbeams (T22_V1.1 20191212 (M8N and 6M) and T22_V1.0 20190612 (6M)) on device versions 1.1.0, 1.1.22 and 1.1.23. My only android device is a tablet running 7.0.

Thanks to @geeksville they are working well on 23 and appeared within about 30 minutes on mapbox. This is quite fast for me. Using SoftAP I can see the SSID: meshtasticAdmin and connect to it. Not yet tried to get the devices to join my network but will do that next. A quick question or two - if I connect my linux laptop to the SSID will I be able to use the terminal to send my wifi details to the device? How long does the SSID broadcast for? Thanks to you and the others for all this work.

I’ll document that better. Thanks!

2 Likes

Ahh, sure… sorry I clicked the wrong link, and did not think about the release site…

1 Like

Hi With 1.1.23 on a tbeam I have used the wifi instructions to allow the board to join my wifi - everything went well no errors. I can use both the device IP address and meshtastic.local to connect to the device via my Firefox browser. In doing to I see a blank page with one icon - connect to meshtastic. If I click this I just get the message device configured. If I go to the /static/ page I see the upload page file the list of files in tne folder. However if I go to /static/index.html I just go back to connect to meshtastic icon. No errors are seen - I just don’t get to the index. Do I have to load SPIFFS or something else? Thanks - this does look really good.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve tried going to /static/index.html. Not surprised that it won’t do anything.

I’ll take a look at that this weekend.

1 Like