Updating my network from 1.1.50, nodes not connecting

I’d been holding out updating to the next version as my nodes are in difficult to reach locations, but as 1.2.20 was now in publics release it seemed the right time.

started by updating my node at home to 1.2.20 then hiked up to my first line of site node and refreshed the battery and updated the code. All went well but now my nodes are not connecting. Figured I just need to reset the home node or something, but once home I still am unable to get them connected.

One is a tbeam and the other is a heltec. I just left the default long slow channel for both.

Any ideas something simple I’m missing here? I’ve had a great couple months with my very large network running 1.1.50, so I’m thinking it must be something simple.

Thanks!

The default channel is different to the one used in 1.1.50, so the 1.2.20 ones should see each other on default settings.

yes, both my updated nodes are on 1.2.20 and the default channel but still not seeing each other.

Can you compare their settings using --info?

unfortunately i have all my devices distributed in the field, except for my home node. So i’ll need to go back up to the field node to get --info

My plan was to visit each of my nodes and just update the software on location. I guess I’m gonna need to get two devices together back at home base and get them talking first.

I do wonder what the issues is though, all other versions have connected to each other after a flash no problem.

Did you upgrade all of them the same way, via USB or Bluetooth via the app?

yes, via the app for both. same phone ect. both responded and report success. i I could connect to both/ debug ect.

I would’ve expected issues if you had done some via USB and others via the app, but they should all have maintained their previous settings.

I can tell you they both did not maintain their settings as I had to type in their names again, but i didn’t mess with channel setting at all, so I assume they are both on default.

I agree, if same method was used they should have same defaults, including default LongSlow.