Unexpected error: The firmware binary is invalid (magic byte=50, should be E9)

I’ve been away for awhile and have found there’s been a lot of advancements with the firmware so I decided to flash my existing Meshtastic devices.

Unexpected error: The firmware binary is invalid (magic byte=50, should be E9)

Hardware: TTGO Meshtastic T-Beam V1.1 ESP32 WiFi BT ESP32 GPS NEO-6M 433/470mhz.
Firmware: 1.2.11 beta

Running ESPHome Flasher GUI on Linux Mint.

Full error readout below:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py”, line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/home/maderunner/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/esphomeflasher/gui.py”, line 163, in run
run_esphomeflasher(argv)
File “/home/maderunner/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/esphomeflasher/main.py”, line 139, in run_esphomeflasher
mock_args = configure_write_flash_args(info, firmware, flash_size,
File “/home/maderunner/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/esphomeflasher/common.py”, line 169, in configure_write_flash_args
flash_mode, flash_freq = read_firmware_info(firmware)
File “/home/maderunner/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/esphomeflasher/common.py”, line 123, in read_firmware_info
raise EsphomeflasherError(
esphomeflasher.common.EsphomeflasherError: The firmware binary is invalid (magic byte=50, should be E9)

I read this post here, and discovered it didn’t relate to my issue as I understand my hardware is supported.

I also read this post, although I can’t “specify the port with -p and the firmware with -f” as I am using the GUI for ESPHome Flasher.

Any advice? Cheers!

hmm - it sounds like you might have tried to program the zip file rather than the bin file it contains?