T deck UI firmware

Has anyone managed to get the fancy T Deck pre alpha firmware to upload, I’ve the various bins from GitHub but with esp uploader have had no success

Do tell.
I didn’t realise there was a fancy T-deck build out there.

You have to build it like a developer currently, there are no releases yet.

Ah, right, nah I’m OK then. I’m not smart enough for that. :smile:

I’ve all the files in the zip but don’t know what files to load in each memory location

Hi download the Tdeck UI firmware in the zip file. i used https://web.esphome.io/ to program. no need to extract the zip file. just choose the zip file and flash.

1 Like

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Ooh. If that works, could you upload/host the ZIP file somewhere? I quite fancy giving it a try.

Thanks!

Right now you need to build the project like a developer.

To get the fancy pants UI you need to download the T-deck zip from here: [page expired]

Use the usual web flasher, select t-deck, then the folder icon for custom firmware. Select the t-deck firmware zip, and click to flash. Voila!

2 Likes

I see what they mean by “not ready for prime time”. Gps coord. are not displaying on screen (yes GPS installed and visible to other nodes) Also pairing to Android via BT does not work.
The UI does look great though. :grin:

I didn’t thoroughly test it by any means, but I sent a few messages, got replies, and flicked through menus and whatnot. Definitely still alpha, but the main feature (sending messages) works. I hope it gets a release (of some kind) soon.

Not complaining, many things are working. Are you able to manage radio via BT?

Nope. I don’t see any Bluetooth settings at all in the T-deck UI.

press longer the settings icon, but its a dead menu , and if you set it via Serial Connection it will reset to of like som other settings

It didn’t work for me just got “running stub” maybe I should wait longer

is it saying that on your T-deck or during the upgrade?

it should upgrade with no issues.

Oh, are you holding down the trackball when you switch it on? You’ll get a black screen. Looks dead, but it’s actually in flash mode.

No on the cml display on the web flasher, yes I hold the trackerball when I switch on

You won’t be able to use Bluetooth, it is using the phone connection.

So the T-deck will not pair with the phone with the alpha UI firmware. Thanks for the info.