T-Beam-S3Core Not Updating

New to Meshtastic. Have T-Beam-S3Core from Rokland. Android app prompts to upgrade firmware on connection to use device. Tried using the flasher with no luck (see pic). Flasher just stops. I held down the RST button while plugging in usb.

I can connect to the T-Beam using client.meshtastic.org so I know the computer “sees” the device.

What am I doing wrong.
Thank you.

Finally found better instructions.

To be fair, those instructions are also in our docs: LILYGO® TTGO T-Beam Devices | Meshtastic

To be fair, no they are not. The link you provided does not list instructions. The instructions on the flasher are brief. The link I provided was more informative and helped me.

You just had to scroll a little bit.

Lol, Brother that is not on the link you posted. The link landed on the M8N & SX1262 page. I have the S3-Core and the screenshot you posted is under the Supreme. I guess I could have looked at the other types, but I didn’t. I also don’t expect the Meshtastic docs to be the “end all be all” resource. However, I do expect not to get sniped at when I post a question. Sorry I made you mad.

You’re right… Linking to the tabs are broken. My bad… But they are there, if you look at the right tab.

The Meshtastic docs should be the “end all be all” though. Unofficial docs are most of the time outdated. Thankfully, Rokland stays on top of things.

Glad it’s sorted and sorry I made you mad and felt like you were sniped at. I was just merely trying to point out the information is there and you didn’t have to go digging on third-party sites for “better instructions”.

Have a pleasant day buddy.

1 Like