T beam 1.1 no gps on one unit, and no middle button on other unit

I Have 2 T beam units version 1.1 and neither worked on 2.17 for GPS. I flashed them both to 2.19 and one of them works on GPS and locks into satellites no problem the other does not lock onto satellites at all. Both have the same setting in the iOS app.

On the one with GPS working the flash to 2.19 went very smoothly. On the one where the GPS still does not work flashed successfully but at the end of the web flasher window, it kept repeating a bunch of gibberish like spades and clubs and exclamation marks and inverted characters.

On the one that is working for GPS the middle input button is not working at all. It did not work in 2.17 either but I believe it used to work in older version of Meshtastic in the 1.2 range.

My questions are one any ideas on how to get my GPS working on the one unit and any ideas on how to get my middle button working on the other unit.

For the record, I swapped the GPS antenna from the working unit and same result overnight.

Thanks In advance.

I tried the latest Alpha as well, and this time, it is just inverted question marks.

Still no joy with the GPS lock. Also, there is no LED lighting up red on the GPS non-working unit. The working unit has a blinking red LED under the GPS module.