Remote Administration of Repeater with Android

Hello,
At first thank you for the great solution!
Maybe a stupid question…
I’m wondering, how I can manage a remote repeater with the Android app. Because, it’s a repeater, it doesn’t send its own node information. For this reason, I cannot access it with a mobile device using remote administration.
How should I handle this issue?
Thank you for your help and greeting from Austria (without cangoroos),
Thomas

Although I think it would be possible using the CLI if you know the node number, the repeater role wasn’t really meant for this. It’s a very simple role; it just repeats packets. You should either configure it before deployment or use e.g. the ROUTER_CLIENT role if you node is in an advantageous location, otherwise just use CLIENT.

Thank you for your info! I’ll give the CLI a chance. My repeater is connected to the MQTT server, so it would be nice to manage it over Lora (including the WLAN settings). A repeater alone is not really necessary to manage, you’re right. Excluding the log check remotely.

It’s not really urgent. I can live with the current possibilities.

Thx,
Thomas

Yes. It is entirely possible to admin a remote repeater using android. I do this myself. My device was installed as a router, tested, and once I was happy with it I changed the mode to repeater. It is still on my node list, and its configuration is still accessible - I can change it back to router right now if I want, remotely.

If it’s not in your node list (it was a repeater all along or you cleared your nodedb…) That i don’t know.

Thank you!
That’s exactly my workaround. I just have to take care, never delete the node db.
My idea for development would be: if a node becomes a favorite like in the iOS app (missing in Android), it will be not removed from the db. Maybe it’s easy to implement and it would be helpful also for others.

We will see…
Thomas

1 Like