2.3.1 traceroute and remote radio config broken?

Updated 2 RAK 4631 devices. Can’t trace to each other and can’t config from one to another using admin channel.
Android app

Anyone else?

Both are working for me

Very interesting.

Android version from app store here, 2.2.23

From a location that I know can’t have line of sight and has previously gone through a node or two, I saw a direct trace. Ran it a few times with same result. It thinks it can really talk direct when I know it’s extremely unlikely to even be possible from that location where there is no line of sight.

Now back next to the same device neither can trace each other.

Both of my devices are on 2.3.1.
Both have 3 channels. 0 is a test encrypted one, 1 is admin, 2 is longfast. So, it must use the 3rd channel to talk across a node/nodes at the distant location which had worked normally before this firmware version. No idea what versions are on the ones in between.

The 2 RAK 19007 boards are micro and USB C. Both were flashed via Bluetooth. Maybe another step is to fully erase and flash via USB and set up with default channel, then re arrange the channels.

Next test will try the latest Android APK but I think there is something odd with this firmware/Android version in my case

There have been other reports of this, see Messages often come through garbled as "�떗" since recent update · Issue #3452 · meshtastic/firmware · GitHub. However, I cannot reproduce it myself. It seems to affect only certain users.

1 Like

Just wanted to say thank you here for the great work and notes on the fix for the upcoming alpha version that you left on the GitHub comments.

Thanks for everything you do on this project!

2 Likes