(old thread) Meshtastic iOS app - first alpha release

Hi Garth,

It would be awesome if you add me in the test flight of Meshtastic iOS app.I would like to test the app. Here is my details
First name: Vijayakumar
Last Name: Jawaharlal
email: vijayakumar.jawaharlal@gmail.com

Thanks,
Vijay

Sent, let me know if you are not in the US, Canada or Norway as those are my 3 countries right now.

Thank you so much, Garth. Yes, I am in US. I got your invite and installed in my test flight. I am very excited to test with my lora mesh today.

Hey Garth,

I have no issues connecting devices via bluetooth. I am able to see nodes info, location in the map etc., but I can’t send a text to devices. I don’t find an option in the app. Can you please let me know how can I send text to nodes?

Update: Never mind. I just saw your message in the other posts. I understood text is WIP

Thanks,
Vijay

Hi Garth. Can I join the iOS test group?
Bronson Gibbs
Bronson.gibbs@gmail.com

Hi Garth I am guessing the answer is no from your post but just to check - can I join from the UK? My tbeams are using 868Mhz. Thanks a lot for this work!

Happy to add the UK to the list of available countries.

Thanks Garth. Much appreciated. What do I have to do to install?

Download the TestFlight app from the app store and meshtastic should turn up for Installation there. I had to install iOS 15 and Log out and back in for it to show up.

I added a link to the TestFlight signup to my earlier post about the app so you can just sign yourself up now.

Thanks @garth, @Nanovitruvius. I am using iOS 15 and just installed the app via the link. Works well with my 1.1.50 and 1.2.42 T-Beams. I will set up all my T-Beams on the app now. Hope to try them on some local walks and trips this week!

@garth

does the testflight still have empty seats available?

my discourse email is not the one that is linked to my ios device.

i am looking forward to join the test team!

There is a TestFlight link available here Meshtastic iOS iPhone and iPad App Beta Testing Available - #4 by Nanovitruvius

@garth here’s a video of my testing the latest version: Meshtastic iOS test 1 - YouTube

It says no longer accepting beta user in TestFlight. Can I get an invite to test the app? Is this going to be the official app?

That app has been abandoned a while, here is the thread on the app currently available in TestFlight.

https://meshtastic.discourse.group/t/meshtastic-ios-iphone-and-ipad-app-beta-testing-available

I hope to get it to the App Store some time next year.

Hey Garth. I’ve got an issue. I have 2 TBEAM 1.1 boards. Meshatastic 1.2.45 installed on them. I can send messages from my iOS devices but they do not populate on the other receiving device. I can see the message transmitted across the boards but the phone doesn’t see it. I’m using a iPhone 8 and iPhone 13 Pro Max both running iOS 15.2. Any ideas?

I would like to test the Meshtastic app on IOS testflight in Belgium is this possible? Do I need an email link?