No Sats. TTGO Meshtastic T-Beam V1.1 0.9.5 US 915Mhz

Greets!

The light under the OLED is solid red.
I flashed the firmware that ISN’T 0.7 and the US version.

I have not tried the battery shorting procedure but I did flash 0.9.5 twice.

I cannot find what the solid red light means. What does it?

Ideas? I will try to find a place to leave it outside but right now I have it in a window.

Hmm. Does that board have a 6m or 8m gps? You can read it on the sticker on the gps.

6M. I let it sit in the window and still ‘No sats’.

Ok. I think there is a good chance that the 0.9.7 build will fix things for you. Currently in alpha testing. If those brave souls still like it by tomorrow night I’ll release it.

Coo’.

filler 1231`423

No luck with 1.0.0

It’s sitting in the window for now to see if it locks but solid red light is on. Fingers crossed but I don’t have high hopes.

I had a similar issue. I found that doing a hard power off, then powering back on outside the device was able to get a lock within two minutes or so. There seems to be a problem when you power it down without a lock, but resetting it and allowing it to lock properly fixes this. Just make sure you do it outside, window does not seem to be enough.

btw: one other person reported that the little GPS snap on connector was loose. Perhaps try rotating that to see if perhaps you got a bum connector that isn’t connecting the center lead reliably.

I have the TBeam 0.7 board and it takes ages to get GPS fix… Need test a different NEO-6M module with the same small ceramic antenna.

I think the LEDs have the same purpose as on the older board. There are 4 LEDs - red under NEO 6M module is connected to PPS pin, so this will blink every second after FIX and then a blue one - just means that it running. Then there are another two LEDs on the left site near power switch - red means charging, green charging complete or it just indicates that external power is on.