New Node-RED node based on Meshtastic.js

Hi everyone,

I created a Node-RED node that integrates Meshtastic.js functionality.

It allows Node-RED to connect to a device using HTTP and then send and receive messages, packets or whatever Meshtastic.js supports.

This is the first version, bugs are expected. Anyway, I believe it is good enough for text messages and getting data out from the mesh.

This is the GitHub repository: GitHub - danpeig/node-red-meshtastic-msg: Node-RED Meshtastic Messages Node

And the NPM package name is: @danpeig/node-red-meshtastic-msg

Very nice project indeed. Fab use case. Thanks for sharing this and the code. A lovely programing tool. Can you provide a step by step start guide from zero up on how to make it work using your git hub links for people like me who are completely new to node-red and git hub ? I know there is an installation guide but it assumes the user knows about or had node-red. If I am just too dumb and demanding, no worries! Just seems like a tool for total beginners that might be a hit if one knew how to start. Cheers!

(https://nodered.org/ . Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways. It provides a browser-based editor that makes it easy to wire together flows using the wide range of nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single-click.)

Hi,

I will see if I can do a quick video.

Overall Node-RED is quite easy to use. You can build automations just by connecting nodes. No programming skills required.

Regards