I’ve got a TTGO TBeam running Meshtastic 0.9.3, just updated today, 2020/09/08, and I am connecting to it using a Motorola Moto G5, running the newest version of the app from the Play Store today. The board boots up fine, has found a GPS location, and I have the console open via PuTTY on my Windows 10 Laptop.
When I open the Meshtastic App, with Bluetooth on on the phone, the board shows up (happens regardless of whether or not I’ve already paired via Android once before). When I select the board, the pairing prompt comes up, per normal behavior. However, after entering the correct pin, the Android pairing prompt goes away like normal, but the app itself simply says “Pairing failed, please select again” and nothing else. I can do this repeatedly, with no apparent behavior changes.
I used the “report bug” feature in the app to submit a bug, in hopes that perhaps there are some behind-the-scenes logs that are made available via that. I will paste the serial output in a follow-up comment here.
I also have an old Android phone around here somewhere, I’m hoping to find it and see if I get the same behavior there. If I find it, I’ll post a follow up as well.