Lilygo power problem

Dear All
I habe a Lilygo T-Beam Lora Board I would like to use for Meshtastic. It worked (switched on and connected with my iPhone) as long as I used 3,7 V via the battery connectors to power it. However, when I connected it to 5V via USB, it stopped working (did not power on since then, regardless of input). Can I ask for any help - is this a known problem or did I do anything wrong?
Thanks a lot,
Florian

If you used either a USB data cable, or a USB power cable, attached to a standard socket for USB on your computer, a plug-in power transformer, or a “slot” on power source, that should have worked with no problems.

If I am reading you correctly, putting a charged-up battery in the battery receiver on the backside of the Lilygo unit does not restore function.

Some of the batteries for this unit have flat connecting surfaces (like the negative end of AA or AAA dry cells). You have to read the label on the battery to be sure which end goes where. If you have the other style, with the protrusion on the + end of the battery, it’s easier to be sure which end is which, but those batteries are very difficult to shoehorn into the battery socket.

if the unit is truly bricked, the reason is almost certainly because polarity got reverse at some point and electrons went through the circuits going in the wrong direction.

If you have a voltmeter, check the outputs on the USB setup you used.

The tbeam 1.1 can only be powered by usb, you need a .7 version to use the 5v pin