Issues using WisBlock - Hunting in Idahos Backcountry

Thanks Richie. As I suspected. Info out there is fragmented and I’m piecing it together.

BTW - I built another Router yesterday and deployed it. Here, I placed the antenna, WisBlock board, and batteries in a 2” PVC pipe. Drilled a hole in the side to run in the solar power to the board. I cut a pool noodle piece to (press fit) secure the antenna inside. Antenna at the top, guts below, access at the bottom. To make assembly easier, I used about a 8” antenna pigtail inside. You can make it as long as you need for longer antennas. Very stout and wx proof.

I cut a 4’ length of fence post and drove it 3’ into the ground and inserted and pinned a 10’ fence rail into it. When pounding in the post, use an adapter as to not mushroom the lip. Or bring a saw to cut off the damaged end as the fence rail must slip inside. All items except solar panel mount I picked up at Home Depot. Sprayed it down in OD green.

This gives me cross coverage of +300 sq mi hunting area.

Maybe this will give others another build idea. I suppose I could have attached the solar mount to the PVC with a hose clamp and made it one piece. Either way - it’s up and working. Now on with the hunt…