Is Meshtastic spying on users?

Though two things:

• If analytics is disabled (via the checkbox in settings), the map should also be disabled/not-shown (because the ‘free’ plan we use with mapbox requires analytics per their TOS) - it would be great if you could confirm this in the map view.
  • If you turn analytics on or off in the app, the change doesn’t take effect until the next time the app loads (i.e. you might need to reboot the phone or ‘force quit’ the app). Because that checkbox controls loading/starting analytics and is only checked at start. I was too lazy to put up a dialog about this because I figured most users just set it how they want and leave it that way.
1 Like

I am already using Netguard right now and Meshtastic does not try to connect even though I do diagnostic report :sweat_smile:.
I see for example Other apps that try to connect, like instagram, AliExpress, YouTube, but not Meshtastic!
I have to find these ip’s at any cost somehow because I don’t see meshtastik making attempts to connect with analytics on these ip’s. :sweat_smile:
Maybe these IPs are afraid of me :joy:

1 Like

It tries to connect periodically, I’m not able to provide the scheme. :frowning: