Diy ESP32 board on cheap

Hi, I have 2 esp32 left in the spare parts bin and I’m want to turn in to meshtastic node.

• What firmware I can use?
  • Can I use the same gpio of other board?

Thanks

1 Like

You can define a new board by checking out the source and making a custom build. There’s a config file with all the board gpio defined.

2 Likes

Where i can set the hw_versione in platformio?

I can’t figure out

See here, for different OS just search the same thread.

I finally received 2 ebyte E22 lora module.
I have tried to use whit 2 esp32 board, i have use the lora32 v1 target and pin out to do the connection and the compile of the firmware.

But I can’t see the board connection with the other one, I have already set the same channel on all the radio but this doesn’t connect.

I think it’s a problem whit the sx1262 connection or pin definition.

How I can do it write?

Hi,
Have you shared the channel from device1 to device2 as described in the user guide?

It’s already configured, my problem are hardware and in compiling.

I think it’s an issue whit the sx1262 definition.

I don’t have any android phone to try the app, all the setting are done via Api or web ui.

Yes the LoRa32 uses the SX1276 LoRa module which has a different config to the SX1262. Ideally you will need to build the firmware yourself, defining the correct pins and also the SX1262 module. Try the guide to first get the standard firmware to compile, then go about making some changes. Meshtastic-device/build-instructions.md at master · meshtastic/Meshtastic-device · GitHub

3 Likes

Done i add the sx1268 definition to a lora32 v1, I have copied from the t-beam whit the sx1268.
Now i can send and receive.

2 Likes

@mc-hamster I need some help to make a custom board for my “board”.
I manage to add a custom “env” but without luck.

Can you give me some info do the custom board on platformio?

1 Like

Web pag is 404.Please building it again.

All the pages that were previously hosted on github are now hosted on the main website and have been removed from the github to stop having out of date versions in different places. The build-instructions page is currently located at Build Instructions | Meshtastic

1 Like

@folletto95 Can you share your code please ? I am trying to use Ebyte E22 modules with SX1262 915 mhz for USA.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Looking at doing something similar to what has been suggested here with an ESP32 and an ebyte E22 1w module, parts list so far:
NodeMCU-32S
Ebyte E22-900T30D
Neo 6mv2
18650 power source
Oled

I’m guessing with a setup like this there is no way to get battery voltage information like you get from the t-beams with the axp192? Anything I might have missed?
Going to attempt to compile my own build and do some coverage testing with 1w LoRa as its legal here

1 Like

also with standard very long slow you could get a link budget of 167db interested to see what that looks like in practice with nlos range.

Sorry for the delay, i will share the code soon, you can try to mix the existing code to do that.

1 Like

You can get a voltage sens like de heltec board whit a simple voltage devider, but it’s not anyting like the axp192.
For the 1 Watt you need to modify the code to enable it, if i remember correctly the power is limited to a 50 mWatt.

1 Like

That sounds like it was using the SX1278 settings? Can you tell the SX1262 on the E22 to do 30db or is configured differently than the standard sx1262?

The max power limit it’s global setting for all module to be safe and never transmit to much power.
If I remember, there is a set for the max output power. But I don’t remember where.

@Ol_Dave I think there are some more details here:

Edit:

@Ol_Dave There are some pull request discussions around PA for SX1262 chips:

https://github.com/jgromes/RadioLib/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3ABarryPSmith

Edit:

This library has lot of examples for E22 modules:

Thanks.

2 Likes