Cheap Android phone to use for meshtastic app?

We’re all apple users so I would like to purchase a cheap android phone to use meshtastic. Any of you know of a cheap(ish) android phone that’s capable to run this app as well as the SDR app?

My personal pick is the Poco M3 pro 5g for a cheap android phone you can go a tier down in pricing but performance degrades rapidly.

Same here, we buy the cheapest second hand A nad J Samsungs without obsolete Android all around. I wish we had an app for iOS. Last beta version on TestFlight expired and no dev update for a year.

Thanks for the link to the Poco M3 - it is a good price. But as I would need two I am looking at around $350 with shipping and any custom’s duty.
I cannot code but I could offer some funds if that was a barrier to anyone trying to build an iOS app!
@thepoweroftwo’s excellent app was good enough for my hiking needs - a 1.2 version would be nice but for simple position/messaging it was great.

1 Like

I have been working on a swiftui app, maps and device details are working nicely and now I have to dig into the bluetooth api which seems less straightforward.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the api!

Hello. I’m a fan of ASUS phones. The last good and cheap phone was released in 2018. Asus Zenfone Max pro M1 ZB602KL. It still has a good battery and a modern Android 9. It can be found on the secondary market for $ 50. I bought several devices damaged for very little money, restored them, removed all google applications and now use them on a mouse network.

When I started researching, I was looking for a cheap modern phone for a reasonable price for a long time. There are no such modern phones for little money! They are all very weak in terms of performance, but this is not the most important thing. The worst thing is that they all have very bad batteries.