Can pair but not send message to node

Using Tbeam and Meshtastic 1.2.50.41 . Node does not receive messages.
$ meshtastic --sendtext hello --port COM5
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\runpy.py”, line 196, in run_module_as_main
return run_code(code, main_globals, None,
File “C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\runpy.py”, line 86, in run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Scripts\meshtastic.exe_main
.py", line 7, in
File "C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\meshtastic_main
.py", line 777, in main
common()
File "C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\meshtastic_main
.py", line 583, in common
client = meshtastic.serial_interface.SerialInterface(
File “C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\meshtastic\serial_interface.py”, line 50, in init
self.stream.open()
File “C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py”, line 80, in open
self._reconfigure_port()
File “C:\Users\Ernest Kapphahn\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\serial\serialwin32.py”, line 222, in _reconfigure_port
raise SerialException(
serial.serialutil.SerialException: Cannot configure port, something went wrong. Original message: PermissionError(13, ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning.’, None, 31)

Can someone point me in the right direction?

do you see errors when you just run: meshtastic ?

if that works, what about: meshtastic --info --debug ?

The meshtastic command gives the list of meshtastic commands, no errors. meshtastic --info --debug --port COM5 gives error messages .

Ernie

I have USB-SERIAL CH340 installed on COM3 and USB-Enhanced-SERIAL CH9102 on COM5. Should I uninstall CH340? Also have CP210x on COM7 needed for my Icom 7300.

I concluded that my radio wasn’t working. I reheated the solder connections to the display and now I get the proper responses from CLI commands except when I send a message to nodes either from command line or cell phone the command line shows that the message was sent to all nodes but the only action on the radio is “serial connected” and “serial disconnected” - no message and the cell phone shows that the message was not received.

Ernie

All working fine now. Thanks,

Ernie