BT password nightmare

seriously ?? a random passcode, insanely difficult !!
now we need a serial monitor to read bluetooth passcode
why not the 123456 as it used to be, until people change it,
why spend time on making this so complex?? so many other bugs much more important to fix

Thomas, it is very simple to set the bluetooth pairing passcode to 123456. Open up the Radio Configure menu. Select the Bluetooth entry. In that menu, one can set the pairing mode to fixed. The default value is 123456. You should also set the category of your topics. This one should be under the category of Support. I hope this is a help.

one of the SW experts contacted me, telling it is a display auto detect thing, when no display it will auto set the default BT pw to 123456, but if it sees a display it will go to random pw, at first pair, once paired the user will input his own, the meshtastic app also change the phone bt pw to the new one, so it actually works quite well, BUT it sometimes fail, like it did for me :slight_smile: if you do not have a display and BT say wrong pw or such, then the user muct find how usb cable and run the debugger screen, then try BT pair again, and the unit will reveal the new pw… yes it is a NEW one, at every try…
(it is a little bit overengineered :slight_smile: it is not access to bank stuf … all older fw i tried did not do this luckyly