Beginner's Guide

I’ve created a webpage to act as a beginner’s guide with a brief overview of Meshtastic and step-by-step guide for taking the most straight-forward route in terms of hardware and other aspects.

I not much of a hardware person and encountered a couple issues when ordering and getting setup with everything. I thought something formatted this way would’ve helped me a fair bit.

This is also a reflection of my own understanding of how things work currently; I’m curious if others would have any feedback or I missed anything.

Here’s the page: http://meshtastic.letstalkthis.com/

8 Likes

Well done, great work

Wow - that is amazing and super polished! In fact, if you want to add a prominent link to that from docs/README.md (which is what generates www.meshtastic.org) I would eagerly merge such a PR.

Or if you prefer you merge that into that into a docs/gettingstarted directory (if you don’t want to host it long term)

Thanks! And certainly. That was my first PR, so I hope I did it right (I’m a designer, not really a developer).

Unfortunately, the page isn’t Github friendly since it’s using Wordpress and the Divi theme. Although, I have access to free shared hosting and plan on keeping it up indefinitely.

2 Likes

Really nice job! I’m sure it will be very helpful. Perhaps as an extra you could add my GUI install instructions for those that haven’t bought a device with Meshtastic pre-installed? It is very easy process to do too. https://github.com/meshtastic/Meshtastic-device#installing-from-a-gui---windows-and-mac

1 Like

great job
proper documentation is paramount. a how-to for the fw installation and this page should be the starting point for any beginner, no matter what level.

hmm - I didn’t see a pull-request come in. Here’s a good tutorial. You’ll want to fork, clone, edit docs/README.md, then push, then click send a pull request (see link for what these terms mean).

(I’m happy to do this also - but I figured you might like the github karma points or learn github this way :wink: )

Yes, much more satisfying if I can say I did it myself. I think I did it correctly!

1 Like

Great suggestion, I just finished adding this.

2 Likes

@resl I hope all is well for you. Someone just reported a typo in your spiffy page:

Fixed! Sorry for the delay.

1 Like