Broken links on the welcome page

Hi there
I just land here today with the purpose to grab some confidence with this amazing community and device usage tricks.

I started from the WelcomePage : welcome-to-the-meshtastic-community

Couple of links in that post are broken.

Where I can find corresponding pages?
Does it make sense to fix the Welcome post?

Hi @michelepagot, welcome to the community.

Earlier this year there was a lot of active development of the project and surrounding resources. Things have slowed down as some of the biggest contributors focus on personal life or other projects.

A lot of responsibility and ability to make changes in a few key areas was shared by Geeksville so others can help manage things like this site and Github.

A few things Geeksville still has to do himself and he hasn’t had a lot of time compared to all the things on his to do list.

There are several members that have been working on revisions to the documentation to reflect all the new features, supported devices, and changes to the legacy code to allow the new functionality. As the documentation is improved and consolidated we are working on updating the references to it. The main limitation has been who has access AND time to make those changes.

sw-design.md and faq.md still exist somewhere? I’m mostly interested in the first one as I can see that there are various FAQ in https://meshtastic.org/docs

Sw-design is available at Software Design | Meshtastic. The faq had been removed and integrated into other pages as it was a bit of a mish mash.

Yeah, the docs were moved over in this commit. You can see the docs that were removed there, or look at the link that @apt105 shared.

As we make changes to the docs there is potential that information will be integrated to other pages and the original may be dismantled. So if you want to reference the snapshot, looking at the commit prior to the removal is your best bet.