Antenna Recommendations 2022

What is the material used for this? Is there any tutorial I can follow?
The gain and radiation patterns look amazing.

Thanks

Any material like copper, brass, galvanized steel or aluminium wire (about 2 MM diameter) are suitable for antenna construction. The construction details are described in detail in following documents:

https://www.qsl.net/yu1aw/ANT_VHF/Amos_Ant/amos_antennas.htm

Thanks.

2 Likes

High, higher and antenna height is the magic word as little 4 or 8 feet higher give better performance.

i dont know if financial issue to build instead of buy, a 433 MHz yagi/beam with mast clamp, N connector, no tuning the price is around 60,00

Iā€™m in the US so Iā€™m on the 915MHz band. What antennas would be ideal for a rural environment? Trying to get the best distance.

It really depends on what kind of link youā€™re trying to establish. If youā€™re trying to connect a single, distant peer, Iā€™d go for a Yagi or similar, very directive antenna; if trying to establish a repeater for all clients around you, a collinear (omnidirectional) or a panel (90-180Ā°) assures a good gain while still maintaining a wide aperture.

2 Likes

What antenna should I use with T-Beam V1.1 to achieve higher distances in omnidirectional communications using Meshtastic?

I would use this devices even in the field or in urban scenarios.

What frequency are you on and which board are you using?

Iā€™m using 868MHz frec.

Iā€™m just starting with this so I donā€™t know which is the board I am using (the technical name). It is just the original board of this device:

ā‚¬ 33,91 | LILYGOĀ® TTGO Meshtastic T-Beam V1.1 ESP32 LoRa Meshtastic-mĆ³dulo inalĆ”mbrico NEO-6M GPS con pantalla OLED para Arduino, 433/868/915/923Mhz

I could have recommended you a 433 antenna, but not an 868 unfortunately.

I am still testing 868 antennas. The RAK 868 blade antennas are said to be good, you may try those.

1 Like