Android app version updates

Curious where the version changes are located for the android app. I think the last thing on github was 9.2/9.3?

1 Like

The source is always checked in. I’m a little lazy about building apks for each Google play release (Play dev console now uses a different format called AAB).

I’ll build one today and upload it. I’ll also update the Amazon app store.

1 Like

ok - I just built a 1.0 release and placed it on github.

Changes:

• @lux for some fixes to the Spanish translation
  • Work around a Samsung bug in their BLE scanning. Now Samsung devices should work well.
1 Like

Installed apk versions from github before but on v 1.0 keep getting “something went wrong app not installed” error after it asked permission to update the app (Android 10). Removing the installed 0.9 version and doing a clean installed resolved this.
2nd client install (android 7, grouper) gave me a better error message “conflicting with installed version with same name”. Removing the installed version also solved that.

1 Like

Yep. Thanks. Impossible to go between manual installs and Google play installs without uninstalling the old one.

Any news on the bluetooth/firmware update issue?

I have not done an manual APK install of the 1.1.0 (or any APK’s really. I prefer the playstore) but it seems to only be version 0.9.90 and will not update further, even though I am a beta tester.

Only 0.9.90 on play store right now. It is essentially identical to 1.0