Android app 1.1.43 ready for alpha testers

Some good fixes and features in this new release in the google play prerelease channel.

• @vfurman added (much requested) options for setting the device sleep and gps broadcast periods. thanks!
  • includes 1.1.42 of the device firmware
  • Don’t let users try to update firmware if connected some non bluetooth way
  • Fix settings screen layout (especially for Russian)
  • Fix old messages not being saved per @DylanHoen report
  • Don’t use app specific icons for notifications on old versions of androids (because cyanogen bug)
1 Like

Can you please upload the APK to git? only .42 is there.

1 Like

Great update!
The gps settings via the app are working fine on my four t-beams with the 1.1.42 device load.

I have upgraded the devices via ESPHome Flasher as it did not work via the app, but I need to do a proper reset of the devices as explained in another thread.

1 Like

so far it looks good

1 Like

I think I was testing with this version last night on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I also had a Samsung Galaxy A70 running the non-alpha release. I could send from the Note 8 and receive the message on the A70, but I couldn’t receive on the Note 8. The message appears on both TBeam 1.0 LCD screens either way. I swapped which TBeams were connected to which phones, but the Note 8 still couldn’t receive messages. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, and rebooted the note 8, but same problem.

Oh, I see 1.1.44 mentions a fix for this situation.

1 Like