Alpha tester thread (1.1.8 device code ready for alpha testing) 🙂

my tbeam 0.7 with 0.7.11 fw occasionally loses pairing with my phone, and i start receiving requests of pairing. could not figure out what triggers this. unit was always powered.

btw, is here the right place to log bugs or there is a differen process? i tried pushing the “report bug” button on the meshtastic app but havent seen anything happening

1 Like

Updated to 0.7.11 running 0.7.93 on my Xperia Tablet and Xperia phone (C6903; 5.1.1).
Best connection and location finding to date. Just great. All new screen icons and screen brightness working well and look very nice.
Only issue I found was around messaging. Both my tablet and phone displayed the icon which I think means successfully sent. The first message appeared on the two tbeams very quickly. But all subsequent messages did not. Do I have to clear old messages on the tbeam?

Bugs are tracked on Github. The Problem you describe is a known bug (I think) tracked here #266

1 Like

report bug just sends logs to google, it is best to follow that up with a github bug that lists your phone model so I can find the (anonymized) report in crashlytics. Though in this case, yep - that’s bug 266 - thanks for the report. I’ll be working on it soon (this week or next).

new firmware fixed issue.

Firmware: 0.7.11
Android: 0.7.93

(1) T-Beam V0.7
(1) Helec
(2) TTGO V1

3 Android phones:
(1) Samsung S8
(2) 1 Galaxy Tab A 8" tablet w/Android 9

All 3 devices only show 0% battery life in the app

1 Like

None of those devices have a way to read battery level. @lgx btw - 0 for the battery field in the protobuf means “battery level unknown”. So probably we should do that in the app.

1 Like

Hello comrades. I apologize for the stupid question. Is it not possible to solder a resistive divider to one of the gpoi boards of the ttgo lora32 v1 and get information about the battery level?

1 Like

You might already be half way there although this is from the V2.0 github. GPIO35. https://github.com/LilyGO/TTGO-LORA32

1 Like

If I understand correctly, the work with the battery at the software level is organized only for tbeam boards. I’m right? I checked your proposal for connecting the midpoint of the resistive divider to IO35. Did not work.

Ooh that’s great. If someone has a lora32v2, I bet it would be not too hard to implement battery sensing by using that analog input and the voltage divider. Then others with that board could also have battery sensing.

Thanks for the link. I was not sure it was a bug - just me not knowing how to clear messages. I will try it again and this time send a bug report.

Hi, disappeared for a bit while moving. Just installed 0.7.11 alpha and the UI improvements @Professr has done are fantastic! So much better than I was imagining! I’ll dive into the code changes soon but a big thanks for all the work!

Anyone here is willing to test a Ionic app on Android?

2 Likes

yes, pm me a link or something

Samsung galaxy a8 2017, tbeam v1.0, v1.1 app 0.7.93 cash cleared , firmware 0.7.11 433
GPS position is not updated in the application
signal strength is not displayed correctly on the device (if a signal is received, its level cannot be displayed as 0%)
North point rotated right about 30 degrees (while the direction to the subscriber indicates more or less true)
report recently sent.

1 Like

Happy to give it a go

I repeated my test. Two tbeams (0.7.11) with one connected to a Sony C6903; 5.1.1.
This time all the messages went to both immediately and the screens updated to the latest message. The only difference I can see was that this second time I added a name on the App (0.7.93). Could the name be a requirement for messages to work porperly?

1 Like

Alas, no. The name is not needed.

TBeam with 0.7.11 and Andriod App 0.7.93:

When sending a message the second TBeam is showing the last two digits from the MAC address as opposes to the name I have set in the App.

Is this a know issue (or user error)?