Absolutely cannot get GT-U7 GPS module to work with Heltec V3

Heltec V3 flashed with 2.4.0.46d7b82 beta
GT-U7 GPS module
Currently wired per this diagram with the exception that the middle leg of the transistor going to 45 instead of 46:

(Heltec ESP32 V3 Supported Peripherals | Meshtastic)

Web client configuration:

Display on Heltec says “No GPS Present”

Have verified my connections. GPS module has red light. TX from GPS module is going to defined RX in Meshtastic and vice versa for RX pin from GPS module to TX pin in Meshtastic.

At my wits end here.

Hi weswiley,
can you put photo of gps module and wire?

Try looking at this guide. She had helped me.
If you didn’t do any wrong soldering, it should work again. At most do a double check and check the post I send you

Been through that page many times.

I know the transistor is working correctly and the Meshtastic config for that piece is working because I can triple click the User button and disable / enable power and have confirmed that via LED light status on the GPS module. Guess I will double check RX/TX leads and maybe even resolder them.

Seems this is a power issue. The red LED on the GT-UT module was pulsating. Out of sheer curiosity I plugged a USB micro cable in to the module to check the serial output and the light went solid and the output showed it was trying to get a fix. Wondering if the transistor is not delivering the power output needed. Will be testing that next.

Update… turns out I had the transistor wired backwards and the GT-U7 was only receiving 2.6 volts which is not enough, hence the pulsing red status LED vs solid red.

2 Likes

seeing the diagram in the guide I had noticed, but I wasn’t sure from the photos.
Glad you solved it.