868MHz Yagi Designs

I was thinking of building a light weight Yagi Beam for 868MHz using Tape Measure metal as I’ve seen this done for 433MHz and based on the 433MHz SotaBeam Yagi that uses a lightweight plastic tube crossbeam design. Instead of using thin rods going into nylon nuts I will try using tape measure metal strip’s, I could try using say a 20mm Sqr wood or flat plastic strip and use screws and plastic washers to fix them to the wood or plastic. or thin bolts with plastic washers to isolate the extra metal from the antenna sections.
I saw one built with the middle crossbeam also made from Tape Measure metal so then all that had to be done was use a rivet gun as all sections were flat.
Maybe a Flat Nylon Plastic strip like found on Curtain Rails? Lightweight sturdy may do the trick. Would like any thoughts on this project.

1 Like

I’ve used cable conduit and then the saddle clamps that hold the conduit to the walls. I think it’s 20mm conduit clips then use cable ties through the holes to fix the metal elements or plastic car trim fittings like I did so it didn’t Mess with the patterns or swr. I also used metal Blinds rather than a tape measures but this made it more susceptible to wind but shouldn’t be a problem with it flexing on this frequency because the elements are so much shorter. I also used the oval conduit with two clamps stuck together at 90 degrees but I don’t have a pic. great as you can disassemble and slip the element inside the conduit so it stops the wind blowing it about, but unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures.

1 Like