3D printer cases for Heltec Wireless Stick Lite

Hi All,

I saw that the Wireless Stick Lite (V3) is supported in Meshtastic. Does anyone have a case that would fit it? I searched Printables and did not see any. I think one like this would be great: www.printables.com/model/118750-heltec-lora-32-case-for-meshtastic

i just took this one:

very cheap, but weatherproof solution :slight_smile:
it fits perfectly for my v3-wsl, one 18650 Batterie, and a small antenna inside.
no room inside for USB Connector

1 Like

I think that one is for the V2 but I saw earlier he’ll be updating for V3. I’m not sure if he’ll make one for the stick or not, it’s definitely possible.

1 Like

this one fits for the heltec V3 WSL… a little more rugged than the printed cases.
big enough to add a small 500-800mAh Lipo

looks really nice, but aluminium would block radio signals while it’s in the container, right?

yes, but with external antenna it should be good… atm just a 500mAh Battery, i just ordered a 1000mAh that should fit in.

1 Like

very nice, thanks for sharing! Please keep us updated about the 1000mAh you found and how it fits (and if it’s Aliexpress, a link would be appreciated :wink:

Have you considered a waterproof USB-port, or is that too cumbersome compared to just getting it out to charge?

thank you.
the 1000mAh takes its time from china :slight_smile:
when that arrives i will continue here.
also i may try to add a gps chip…to convert it to a rugged tracker…
the USB is easily accessible by unsrcewing the lid.
maybe i will have to ad a power switch, maybe its fine, using soft-off…
the remaining problem is power consumption of this device, runtime will be 1-2 days only.
when everything is ready i am planning to fill the whole thing with 2K resin to make it superrugged, but first i need bigger battery :slight_smile:
the buttons and usb will stay accesible by unscrewing the lid…battery and antenna connector will be in resin… i will add a little “air-suspension” to the battery as possible…
battery ordered: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002941081413.html
but not yet tested if it can be squeezed in…

Did you manage to get 1000mAh from China?
How long does the battery last?

Also curious if there is an update.

So I tried this. It does work and it would work very well if it wasn’t for the metal container severely impacting the Bluetooth connection. The Bluetooth range is 3 to 4 feet max. After that I loose connectivity. I guess that is to be expected. Would like to try this with a plastic case.

I’m going to release my WSLv3 case this week; it supports both 18650 and flat li-po batteries. Due to the annoyingly side-mounted user and reset buttons, my case requires the installation of two small microswitches on the frame if you want to use them. I highly recommend installing at least the reset button, since the device doesn’t like to wake up from a dead battery even after charging without a press of the reset button (or disassembling the entire case and pulling the battery).

I’ve attached some pics, and anyone familiar with my previous cases will recognize the design theme.

3 Likes

Here’s my 18650-supporting Heltec v3 case (left) next to the WSLv3 case (right). Very similar, minus the front-mounted buttons of the Heltec v3, and screen of course.

2 Likes

For desktop use, I did make a design that is easily 3d printable and snaps together. Includes slots for the GPIO as well. Should be able to accept a SMA pigtail for better antennas as well. On Printables here.

Photo shown is a render, yours will probably be opaque.