1.2.0 alpha support thread

Not sure if this is just me, but I can’t seem to get the radio into “short fast” mode.

Both of these commands fail

PS C:\Users\Charles\Documents\GitHub\Meshtastic\Meshtastic-device\proto> meshtastic  --setch-shortfast       
Connected to radio
'RadioConfig' object has no attribute 'channel_settings'
**PS C:\Users\Charles\Documents\GitHub\Meshtastic\Meshtastic-device\proto> meshtastic  --setchan modem_config 1
Connected to radio
'RadioConfig' object has no attribute 'channel_settings'

This is with:

PS C:\Users\Charles\Documents\GitHub\Meshtastic\Meshtastic-device\proto> meshtastic --version

hmm meshtastic-python 1.2.0 should not allow you to talk to a 1.1.x version of the device code at all. It should say:

~/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python$ meshtastic --info
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
    return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__main__.py", line 488, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__main__.py", line 476, in main
    common()
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__main__.py", line 354, in common
    client = SerialInterface(
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__init__.py", line 886, in __init__
    StreamInterface.__init__(
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__init__.py", line 732, in __init__
    self.connect()
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__init__.py", line 747, in connect
    self._waitConnected()
  File "/home/kevinh/development/meshtastic/meshtastic-python/meshtastic/__init__.py", line 387, in _waitConnected
    raise self.failure
Exception: This version of meshtastic-python requires device firmware version 1.2 or later. For more information see https://tinyurl.com/5bjsxu32

(I just moved @crossan007’s comment here because I realized he must be using the 1.2.0 device firmware)

The 1.2.1 firmware is ready for developers to use (but I wouldn’t yet recommend yet even for other alpha testers, probably won’t be ready for ya’lls great help until 1.2.2 ish…

But @crossan007 thanks! You found a place where I forgot to update the channel setting code in the python tool. I’ll fix it tomorrow and push out a new version of the python tool.