WebUI doesn't show devices when a Python script is running

The title says it all :grin:

On my home node, I’m sometimes running a Python script to send a message every n minutes as a “beacon” to do range-testing with friends. I find that, by having this script running, WebUI doesn’t show any device in the mesh and the Packet Log tab is empty.

I’m no developer, is that an expected behaviour due to resource lock?

Cheers

My guess is you’ve run into this bug:

I have no idea, but I’ll trust you :wink:

Long story short is the mesh node assumes it Will get only one connection from a connected device. That worked out early on when it was being used by just one Bluetooth phone.

The fix would be to create a session for each device, multiple web connections, possibly multiple phones, python API, whatever.

Siri except responsibility for the weird capitalization of this message.

Oh I see, thank you for explaining it in layman’s terms!

BTW, how can I turn off the WiFi connection? To turn is on I’ve set SSID and password, but I’m not sure if it can even be turned it off.

Unset either of the ssid or password and it’ll turn off looking for a wifi connection.

But now that I think about it, I’ve never tried that from the Python API, so please let me know how it goes.

I can’t unset them (as I could for router mode), I can only set “incorrect” SSID and password.

Can you set it to an empty string “”?

I can, thank you! If we agree it’s the “right” way, I’ll put it in the docs.

That sounds great!

Thanks for updating the docs. Can’t believe I never tried disabling it from the Python script.

Cheers!

1 Like

I’ve updated the relevant wiki page. Please do check my edits, as English is not my native language :grin:

1 Like

I updated it to say that either preference can be set to “”.

Thanks!

1 Like