Web client self hosting

I see Apps and Web client as valid ways to connect and configure a node.
However for web client it uses client.meshtastic.org, is that the only option or can it be self hosted?

Basically how is network of my nodes considered private if I use web client or am I misunderstanding this?

If you are using the web client you are on your own network, it is not recommended to expose the web client to the internet. The web client at meshtastic.local will run off the device webserver, client.meshtastic.org is generally easiest and is always up to date.

so basically even if I’m using client.meshtastic.org to configure and connect my devices, data on client.meshtastic.org is not really accessible by anyone other than me (or anyone else in my family). Is that correct?
I recently bought 2 devices, I’m yet to configure them.

Received 2 devices, I’ll try setting up with phone app, still not sure how does client.meshtastic.org works

client.meshtastic.org works similar to the other apps, but is browser based rather than a downloaded application. For the best experience we recommend using a Chromium based browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. You’ll have 3 ways of interfacing with your devices: http, bluetooth, serial.

You can get more information here: Web Client Overview | Meshtastic