User in Seattle -Tacoma Wa

Hello everyone! im up here outside of Blaine, Wa, do yall have a chanel set up? i would like to try even though i know the distance is pritty far.

1 Like

Just came online in Ballard w/ a Heltec V3

1 Like

I just went up in north Kenmore with Heltec v3 as well. Not seeing any peers, going to try a different antenna.

1 Like

Just set 1 up in the Juanita area of Kirkland.

1 Like

I’m in tacoma. I maintain/own tacoma.localmesh.org
Let’s chat!

1 Like

I’m in Bonney, Lake and work in Tacoma. I’m looking to put a couple of solar units up to communicate from work to home in the case of a emergency. I have a direct line of site from my house in Bonney Lake to Tacoma. My plan is to put 1 on top of a 9 story building on the top of the Hill in Tacoma that I have access to and one on top of my roof in Bonney lake. Do you think that would work? I am very new to this and not sure of the range.

1 Like

Hi @Jesse1, I’m new to this too, but based on my experience there is no way you’d be getting a point to point signal over 15 miles, at least not reliably. I think the main way any of this works is if there is a healthy mesh between the two nodes. In my case there is not even one reliable connection nearby, but you never know, maybe more people in your area have nodes up. It’s worth a try, plus you will be ready and contributing if this catches on here like it has in other places.

Hi Hoodah, that’s what I thought, I think I’m still going to move forward and start getting some up and maybe by the time I’m done a few more might pop up and we’ll be in business.

1 Like

I’m in Olympia. Probably too far to hop from here to Seattle, but maybe with enough nodes in between?

Anyone else in Thurston County?

1 Like

Brand new user here in North Puyallup area.

1 Like

I just seen your node recently .

I think it will work. I am putting up a node in the near future near the middle school on myers rd

I just recently seen nodes in puyallup

1 Like

Just set up a Heltech V3 Solar set-up in Ballard. Seeing nodes as far as Bremerton! But the east side is blocked by Phinney Ridge. Anyone live up there and would let me set up a node on their roof :joy: (but actually…)