The source code does not contain any content related to WEB files

The WEB files were not found in the firmware source code, but the device is still able to access the web interface normally.

The firmware build process, will ‘import’ a compiled version from the web-client build.

Not sure all the specifics of how it works, but see the comment at

for example

Maybe something to do with this

1 Like

Thank you very much. Are you suggesting that when I compile with PlatformIO, it will fetch (or retrieve) necessary resources or data from the internet, and upload the compiled code to a node?

In concept at least. but not totally sure how the platformio build process works.

That file I found above is in the github workflows folder, so perhaps its only used when github runs the build process.

(although pretty sure the platform build will only ‘compile’ the binary, will still ahve to copy or flash it to a device, so can run it.

• name: Pull web ui
    uses: dsaltares/fetch-gh-release-asset@a40c8b4a0471f9ab81bdf73a010f74cc51476ad4
    with:
    repo: meshtastic/web
    file: build.tar
    target: build.tar
    token: ${{ secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN }}

• name: Unpack web ui
      run: |
      tar -xf build.tar -C data/static
      rm build.tar

In the PlatformIO project, create a folder called data/static, and then extract the contents of the build. tar file into this data/static folder. I need to modify some web content and upload it to the node