Tbeam connect to USB will start browser webinterface

this is just a idea for integration in FW dont know if possible

• when the hardware, like tbeam or other, plugged in to a laptop or pc USB poort,
    Web interface in the browser automated loaded and shown (no need to push buttons).

• This setup its more easy for all users.

• use extended USB cable both for power and data.

• use long LAN cable while unit is on rooftop or in mast and pc/laptop below.

• no need for Bluetooth

• no need for WiFi

• stable transfer

I like the concept but this would be completely dependent on the host computer OS and allowing a usb device to run foreign code “automagically” is a big security risk.

the Web UI can work over serial and is probably the most familiar interface for most users, and with some work could deliver a similar experience to what you describe.

Netgear MR1100, huawei 3531 and 5783 and many others use this kind of method for there LTE USB modems or hotspot and WiFi USB modems. Plugin to USB and browser start using the IP address generated DHCP. Open 2 browser taps, config/setting, SMS, network settings and other tab is web browser. No buttons needed, just plugin on the go.
The page of those units looks exactly or very similar as the web interface used in meshtastic.
I will upload screen grab from those units, if needed.

This may be possible on the Nordic based devices but the esp32 devices use a usb serial bridge.

Good idea.

Netgear, huawei and many others use the same comport driver (i had installed before Tbeam).
This why i get the idea to start web interface when plugin to USB port

This feature depends on the devices presenting itself on the bus as a storage device, employing autorun.ini or similar mechanisms. Those GSM sticks often contain more than one USB ID bridged via a software hub, or will dismount the software drive once the ‘right’ driver is installed and running, accessing the modem device.

In Short: Only ESP32-S2 can do that, cause it contains a programmable USB port. The original ESP32 can not simulate that over the UART bridge. unless there’s some additonal hardware, which the t-beam does not have.

Thank you,
most GSM modems or GSM phones when plugin to usb, generate a virtual comport using the simular driver. The ESP32 Tbeam also generate a virtual comport using that driver, this was my hope these lora hardware it able work the same way instead using the buttons. Hope is gone :slight_smile:

The new flasher able to send TXT messages, make this function/screen a stand-alone version?