T-Beam - no connection

My T-Beam is now able to access GPS according to the red flashes. However, it doesn’t show up on any bluetooth device. Is there a way to toggle the bluetooth on and off or is that preset. The device came with the factory installed meshtastic version from TTGO

I think it is more difficult to write a thread here than to connect the TTGO to the phone!
Install the Meshtastic application on the phone, turn on the bluetooth, on the gear icon of the App you will see the Meshtastic device in the menu, press on it, in the TTGO display you will see a unique number to be entered as a password, connection made successfully. the TTGO does not show the info of the bluetooth devices itself.
Is better to read the project’s user manual from GitHub before creating a thread, “because it’s more sample to find information there”
I hope I was helpful.
As always the best solution from TitanTronics :fire::smile:

1 Like

No - the TTGO device is not sending out any signals. There is no bluetooth device to connect with from my phone.
I read the github, that’s why I created a thread since it didn’t provide the information I needed to fix the problem.
If there is anyone who knows why the bluetooth doesn’t seem to work and a fix that would be helpful

Try to flash the new firmware 9.1
Maybe everything starts working

When you start the pairing Bluetooth with your TTGO turn on the GPS in your phone and give the permissions requested by the App

Solved:

I was able to solve the issue. The boot area of flash was corrupted. I found this using PUTTY and reviewed the log file:

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2020.08.17 09:51:22 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
ets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x3 (DOWNLOAD_BOOT(UART0/UART1/SDIO_REI_REO_V2))
waiting for download

I looked this up and found it was a corrupt boot area leaving it in a receive state. One recommendations was to use a command line tool to re-flash the device.

I used the command line tool esptool.py

I entered the following at the command line:

esptool.py --baud 921600 erase_flash ← erased the flash file
esptool.py --baud 921600 write_flash 0x1000 system-info.bin ← wrote out the system bin file
esptool.py --baud 921600 write_flash 0x10000 firmware-tbeam-US-0.9.1.bin ← wrote out the file for my meshtastic device

2 Likes

Nice :wink:
It seems like a strange problem to me
I’m glad you solved it

Hello, I know this is an old thread - however I have similar symptoms. I used to run 5 devies on v1.1x and have recently come back to Meshtastic but one of my nodes is playing up.

TTGO Tbeam 1.1 with v 1.2.17 flashed via esp flasher.
The device is not discoverable via bluetooth. Simply nothing showing in android bluetooth settings. Other devices flashed to this firmware are visible in both android and meshtastic app. However this specific device nothing.

Could someone assist with some fault finding? I don’t know how to putty in to the device to view logs etc. Links to guides (Teach a man to fish… ) appreciated.

I have re-flashed this firmware many times via espflasher on windows as well as 1.2.28 (Latest alpha release) and still no bluetooth.

Thanks in advance
Adam

1 Like

Further more, This one device does not seem to join the others in the mesh - even though its a fresh flash like the others with default settings ;/