Setting the channel from android app

How do I set the channel from android app properly? Am I missing something crucial?
Every time I try to set the channel, it adds A letter into the end, making it impossible to set the devices into same channel…

1 Like

Hi, this is a typical beginner mistake. it is mandatory to set the name on one device and then share the channel link or scan the qr code to/with the second device.

on setting a name, a random security key is generated, and because of the randomisation, you never get the same key.

there are better explanations in the forum, but to get started, this is sufficient information.

3 Likes

But with sharing link I only get link to github page which gives me 404 error

1 Like

That’s because you’re supposed to open the link with the Meshtastic app, not a browser.

1 Like

How the heck are you supposed to do that though?

As long as Meshtastic is installed, when you click on the link in an email or sms, it might ask you the first time if you want to open it with a browser or the Meshtastic app.

Do Not copy the link and paste it in the address bar of the browser. This will not work.

If it is not working for you, try re-installing the Meshtastic app

1 Like

Make sure all devices and apps are on the same version. If they aren’t, sometimes the sharing of the link between apps and devices does not work.

1 Like