SerialPlugin Feature Request

Hi mc-hamster,

Based on our conversation in the Serial Commands Thread

I just wanted to request a feature onto the current SerialPlugin that was recently added to the Meshtastic platform. What I request is the possibility of seeing that serial message after its forwarded to the nodes in the channel to appear in the serial monitor that is seen when a Tbeam is connected to a computer?

So, basically, similar to when a txt message appears onto the serial monitor after it is recieved.

Maybe something like “serialmsg = …”?

I really appreciate the addition of this plugin and wanted to say thanks for this whole platform in general.

Sorry if I sound commanding, i didn’t know any other way of wording a feature request.

I think what you’re looking for is acknowledgment that the message has been received. Right now the ACK packets are not exposed to the plugins, but I expect that to come in the new 1.2.x version of the device tree.

When working with the ACK packets, please know that those are not routed. This means if your sending device is A and packet goes from A to B, A is likely to receive the acknowledgment. If your packets goes from A to B to C, A will get the acknowledgement from B but not get it from C.

Please open a feature request in GitHub and share the link here. This is a reasonable request.

Here is the link on github,

got it, thanks!

no timeline, but this looks straight forward.