Took a stab at seeing if this was a viable idea today. this was my approach
- Verbatim copy the range test plugin subbing in message_persist var names & flags
- If this were to be the approach I would need to find out how to piggy back onto the message send to append to the csv.
- also would need to remove extraneous data.
- probably a lot of other things I’d need to do I’m not thinking of.
- extended the new client @Sachaw has been working on with some quickNdirty code to pull the csv file on page load and insert it into the ui message stream.
- I didn’t look into how we’re handling seperate conversations but some sort of algo would need to be implemented to split/merge convo’s.
this was just a POC and practice exercise for me so don’t judge the jank.
This is a screenshot showing the curled message file and its contents
here is the screenshot showing those same messages in the web client
Would love discussion on the thoughts of if this would even be a viable approach worth pursuing?