Oled 1'3" change

It is possible to load the firmware into the tbeam with 1,3" oled? Thanks

What style of OLED? If it is like this one then it will work with the standard firmware.

I’ve installed this oled with standard firmware and It doesn’t work

Check if the two display pins vdd and gnd are correct or inverted compared to what is written in the Tbeam contacts.
If they are reversed it does not work, if instead everything is the same as written on the Tbeam the display could be faulty.
In my TTgo v1.1 the 1.3 display works well

I took a look at the display you showed, the pins are reversed, change the pins as I drew in the image

1 Like

Hem :thinking:
It all seems right!
When you press the power button in the ttgo does the ttgo turn on? “you should see the blue led flash”.
If the ttgo does not turn on there is something wrong or shorted or the display is malfunctioning, usually those displays heat up if they have the pins reversed … but there is another thing to say, what firmware did you put in the ttgo? what kind of file did you use ??

The oled that @cramgue linked uses the SSH1106 display controller which is different than the one that that the current firmwares are built to use (SSD1306).

I think that display can be used by uncommenting the following line from configuration.h:

//#define USE_SH1106

It looks like this should work with that small change, but I don’t have a way to test it. It’s possible that line will need to be moved into a specific board definition, again – I’m not sure without digging into it a bit more.

4 Likes

Interesting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Good thing to know … Thanks for the info @mc-hamster

1 Like

Agreed. Also if someone has one of these screens they could probably find a register (chip id) that differs from the standard ssd1306. And then send in a PR to dynamically detect the installed screen at runtime.

1 Like

And what about SPI displays like ILI9341/ILI9342C? Could these be supported? For example I have the newest M5Core2 with I2C keyboard (basically it is CardKB), LoRa module (Ra-01H = SX1276) and GNSS module (temporary an external NEO-M6 module, will replace it with NEO-M8 module) - for now it is a best candidate for meshtastic communicator made from “standard” parts.

Well, just checking github - we are using TFT_eSPI, so yes, ILI9341 is being supported, ILI9342C with a small modification could be supported as well.

2 Likes

It didn’t work, uncommenting that línea @mc-hamster

Are there solutions for the operation of the SSH1106 display?

The support is already included, just need to uncomment line and compile with Platform IO

Modify configation.h

define USE_SH1106

2 Likes

Thanks
USE_SH1106 It works!

2 Likes