Hello Meshtastic Community,
I’m currently waiting for my T-Beams, wanted to ask some questions and share my intended build in case someone notices an issue:
According to my reading of the documentation, it is possible to send secure messages on a private channel across a public/default mesh by utilizing the default and secondary channel on the radios… Is this correct? Put simply, if my intended recipient is out of range for zero hop messaging on a private secondary channel, the message can ride the default mesh (if within range of both nodes). Is there a hard cap on hop counts on the default channel to avoid abuse?
This may be impossible to answer, but are there any reliable maps of public relay nodes? Is this even a thing outside of Ski Resorts, Recreation Areas, etc.?
- Platform: LILYGO TTGO T-Beam V1.1 SX1262 915MHZ ESP32 NEO-M8N CH9102
- Screen: LILYGO 0.96" White OLED for T-Beam
- Case: b8b8’s Meshtastic Slim Case
- Battery: LG INR18650MJ1 3500mAh 18650
- GPS Antenna: 10mA 18mm*18mm Active Ceramic Antenna (IPEX/U.fl)
- LoRa Antenna: Taoglas TI.92.2113 (SMA)
#It seems the 915MHz version for the T-Beam ships with an IPEX/U.fl > SMA pigtail? Not explicitly stated on Aliexpress.
Thanks for your time, looking forward to joining the project!