New information on sleep/power modes?

I am currently trying to find more information on power and sleep states. Sadly I cannot finde any, except the archive.org archives of some old docs which are referenced in this forum post, but not online anymore. I find the docs right now to be a bit useless as there is nothing explained in depth, like in the old docs.

I my goal is to put the device to deep-sleep when a certain voltage is reached and wake it up after a few hours to check power again. As I understand, thats what deep sleep already does, but I cannot find how to configure or enable it in the new docs. I have read somewhere that it all has merged into router mode, but I did not test it yet. Also if it is enabled in the router mode, how can I customize the values used?

regards,
headcrab

The docs are correct, super deep sleep is no longer user configurable. Power Configuration | Meshtastic. For any of the power saving modes to work isPowerSaving needs to be enabled as well.

Then how does it behave in 2.2.x firmwares?

1 Like

It has been gone for quite a while, does nothing in any 2.2 version.

Ok so it is no longer user configurable, but is there more information on how power modes behave e.g. router mode? Especially deep sleep?

Low battery will send a ESP32 into SDS mode, that is it.

Sorry for being so picky, but what is “low battery”? What voltage exactly? And for how long does it sleep?

Let me rephrase that:

• what’s the brownout voltage?
  • does the board come back on when the voltage rises above the brownout threshold?
  • if it does come back on, does it happen immediately of after a certain time?

Cheers

That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you 4294967295 times!

Could you provide a little more context? I am not familiar with the codebase