MQTT within V2.2.11 and V2.2.16, V2.2.22

So I need some help concerning the MQTT function (I can barely spell MQTT and that’s about the extent of my knowledge in this area, so please keep it simple for me).

Running V2.2.11 I can get most MQTT packets coming across the MQTT network on my RaspberryPI to parse correctly. I can see the JSON data come across. When I upgrade to V2.2.16 then none of the JSON packets are decoded correctly (see garbage come across on the PI). When I upgrade to V2.2.22 nothing comes across the JSON channel. I have a YAML file that I use for all three upgrades/configurations so I know that the T-Beam is configure correctly. The channel that I am looking at is /msh/2/json/0 on the PI.

I am using mosquito_sub (V2.0.12) on the PI.

Is the json software on the PI not configured correctly (does it need to be upgraded, etc)? I have zero clue as to why the newer upgrades break my JSON channel on the PI, and thus no idea where to look to fix this problem.

Please dumb it down for me, as I stated before I am not very knowledgeable using the MQTT/JSON system.

Thanks

The MQTT topic now has your region after “msh/“ so e.g. “msh/US/2/json/“.

Also I would recommend to use MQTT explorer. Then you can see all topics and messages coming in.

1 Like