Meshtastic to Skylines nodered flow to live track paragliders

Hi

Firstly let me thank the fantastic developers of Meshtastic, Skylines, flyxc.app, nodered and example flows to follow.

Here is a chatgpt(super power for real!) assisted flow that forwards position data to skylines from mqtt broker. Tested with 2 lilygo t-echos, one connected to tablet with internet, configured to send data to mqtt broker, the second device with no internet.

User mapping is manual process as I have no idea how to set skylines tracking id in the device itself(yet to lay hands on one of them, test devices are 1500 km away from me). Add Skylines tracking ID as shortname in the device.

We intend to use this for live tracking paragliders in Himalayas where there is no mobile coverage and all satellite trackers are “illegal”.

https://github.com/cyberorg/meshtastic2skylines

Cheers

Changed the code a bit, Shortname is just 4 characters so not useful, now uses LongName in this format “some text/XXXXXXXX” where “XXXXXXXX” is your skylines tracking id.

Also added telegram forwarder. The broadcast messages show up in Telegram: Contact @meshtastic_india

Are there any paragliding pilots in here? Drop me a line on telegram group if you’d like to test, I’ll share mqtt details you can use. One device needs connection to mqtt, rest of the devices will show up on skylines via that. No internet or mqtt config needed on those