Meshtastic simple (esp32,rfm95 - no screen no gps)

Ok, so I have a breadboard setup with an esp32, rfm95. My ideal usage would be for me to flash meshtastic fw to the esp32 and control via serial. Bear in mind there is no screen or gps unit, can the meshtastic fw still be flashed to the esp32? If so, where do I start? Cheers

I’ve been doing the similar thing (using ra-02 and ra-01SH instead), but have no time yet to continue. I guess that you can start by looking at GitHub - NanoVHF/Meshtastic-DIY (for the circuit diagram complete with the firmware) the rest should be straight forward. Also you can start to upload the firmware onto the esp32 without even connecting anything using web flasher. Start and see on the logs and console so that you can understand more to the connection. The device type would be “meshtastic diy v1”.

The next thing you want to see that, usually if you got no screen then trying to connect via bluetooth on meshtastic app, the default passcode would be “12345678” CMIIW. Glad this would help you to begin the project. Feel free to ask more