Meshtastic iOS iPhone and iPad App Beta Testing Available

Hi @MeshMonkey What is your command for changinng sleep mode on your T-Beam? Thanks.

I did some further investigation about the node crashing problem. I have 5 T-Echos, 2 with BME280 pressure sensors and 3 without. The 2 nodes that always crash when I click on them are both with BME280. Maybe the app crashes because it couldn’t recognize this specific model of T-Echo.

It’s not Bluetooth problem. I can connect to all my T-Echos without problem. The app crashes when I click on 2 of the nodes in the ‘Nodes’ list.

I only have one T-Echo, but it does have the BME280. I am able to connect to it with the 1.15 App with 1.2.45 firmware installed on the device.

I have released a new version on TestFlight and it has been approved by Apple.

This version handles empty values for things like time, battery and snr and displays the appropriate information in the node list and details pages based on a bunch of feedback from here. It also includes some better disconnection logic for bluetooth devices.

Deleting the app and reinstalling it (so the app data is deleted) is probably a good idea.

2 Likes

where is the invite link for this new test … ???

The link is here and in the original post.

It doesn’t seem to connect to my Tbeams now.

They never appear in the ‘Connected Device’ anyhow. Although the name does show in the top right with a green icon (like it is actually connected).

Screenshots submitted.

What is your command for changinng sleep mode on your T-Beam? Thanks.

I used the menu in the Android app to change the sleep mode.

I backed out the bluetooth cleanup on disconnect, it seems to be the cause of these weird errors. I had to forget the devices under bluetooth and connect again to get a couple of them working again.

I’ve installed the new version but I’m still getting the same issue.

Forgetting the device in the iOS menu, and rebooting it, fixed the issue (as you said).

I’m back in the game.

….update….

Back to the same issue again. Doesn’t appear in Connected Devices.

If I press a button on the Tbeam it will appear again. So I think it’s back to being sleep mode related.

`Very minor thing: I notice that on a fresh install the map always starts at Mount Rainier, near Seattle.

It would be great if it started with my location from my local location data (GPS, etc)’

Actually it’s going back to Mt Rainier every time I go to the Mesh tab. Even if I have scrolled to my location and my mesh and local device location are elsewhere.

Ah so use just change ls - I will try that. What value did you use? I was thinking 30 secs.

Mt. Rainier is indeed my default location but it should be the last fallback and I would think would only be showing if the user has not found any nodes and declined the location permission.

What phone are you using?

iPad Mini 6 (5G version with GPS)

1 Like

I now have a node showing on the mesh map and I closed and reopened the app and was sure to allow location ‘always in this app’.

It seems to work as expected now!

With the TBeam on external power the connection is solid. I can sleep the iPad, come back to it 30 minutes later, and it’s still connected in the Bluetooth screen.

One question: In the Nodes screen it does say ‘Last Heard: 2hrs, 43 min ago.’. What does that actually mean?

Surely if it’s connected by Bluetooth it ‘heard’ from it milliseconds ago?

Disconnecting from the Bluetooth and reconnecting doesn’t alter this ‘Last Heard’ number. Nor does pressing the wake button on the TBeam.

I have only got the one TBeam powered up so maybe it’s related to that?

At this point I am only really managing the initially imported data that gets streamed over the protobuf when you connect to a device this brings in myInfo and nodeInfo for the connected device and any nodes it knows about. There are pings from the position app and node info app that I still need to connect to the data that should make the last heard date, snr and location data more accurate.

2 Likes

I, can you add Italy?

Ah - thanks. I have been trying my tbeams on 1.2.44 with 1.18 and I have noticed that the map positions are not always updated. I thought this was a sleep mode/position broadcast/gps update interval issue and I have set these to short timescales. It would be great if the radios updated their position without the need for bluetooth. A really nice use for me would be one iphone bluetooth connected to one tbeam and the mesh of radios exchanging position updates just through the radio link.

Did you change something?

Now when I disconnect the Bluetooth and then reconnect it, heather last heard number resets and starts counting from zero!

I made some updates in 1.19 to only import newer node info when connecting based on some earlier feedback. I purposely don’t have any cloud services in the project so I can’t make any changes without pushing a new version.

1 Like