Meshtastic 2 telemetry data as json format

Hi,

I am able to send text msg over LORA from one device to the other (Lilygo v1.6) and transfer it over to my mqtt server.
Now I’m trying to do the same with telemetry data but this is not coming thru.

The telemetry works fine in the display of the first device - I can see the data there.

I can also see data being send but it seems encrypted. It looks like:

"

Ðç mÿÿÿÿ"("
!6d09e7d0FriediFrd"èŸm çÐ(5¾GY-HX
LongFast !6d09e7d0
"
I couldn’t find any useful documention on what is going on here and also the debug output didn’t shine much light on it. I read thru the following thread but it didn’t help.

Thanks, tong

Ok, I figured that the transmission of the telemetry data over LORA doesn’t seem to be the problem. I can see the environment data being received correctly, but the LORA - MQTT connection seems to have an issue.

I have finally given up. The mqtt export of environment data seems broken or encrypted or the proto decode stuff isn’t working as documented. I can’t figure it out and I don’t understand why this is made so complex for the user. Text messages are pushed to mqtt in a nice and plain json format - why not doing the same for environment data?

I’m now using a python script which queries the environment values from the devices and sends them to mqtt as json.