Map refreshing delay

Tried this out for a second time today. From reading on the forum, the top of the t-beam is assumed to be the direction of travel based on your last few locations.

From my two tests so far, the arrow has been very accurate pointing towards my other device, however it seems like the North indicator is also almost 180 degrees off of north (So basically pointing due South)

So while traveling North towards my second device, the arrow was pointing to the top of my screen, and the North indicator was at the bottom.

I also had success with my position broadcast time set to 60 seconds, it seemed to update 60-90 seconds with the stock GPS. Looking forward to trying the larger GPS module. Once I got back I set the broadcast time to 30 seconds, the gps_update_interval to 30 (from 120) and tx_power to 100 (I read this on an old post from @geeksville , I’m hoping this is safe for the device and legal. I really want to push these things as far as they can go and still get at least 8 hours out of the battery.

The mobile unit was left stock (Bluetooth connected to phone), and the stationary GPS update increased to 30. No signal then suddenly 37% as we crested the hill a kilometer away from the car, lots of trees and hills in the way. (I’m not a madman, I took it out of the ziplock bag for the picture) Both devices were turned on at 12:00 sharp, with 89% battery on the mobile unit and 80% on stationary. Ended at 13:40 with 76% and 81% respectively. Screen timeout was also set to 5 minutes on the mobile one, so it was on almost the whole time as well.

1 Like