Manual channel number not available in 1.3?

Hello all,
I have recently upgraded my T-beam to 1.3 firmware and I realized that the “channel_num” option is not working anymore (it used to work in 1.2). It is really important for me (us) to have the ability to manually select the radio channel in order to avoid the interference. We are a group of ham-radio operators experimenting with propagation, antennas, etc.
Is there any work around for this?

Thanks,
Regards.

It is on the lora.config protobuf now, each meshtastic channel shares all the same config from the lora.config other than PSK so it was moved there

Hi. Thanks for answering to me.
I’ve looked at the lora configuration options and I couldn’t find anything related to channel. The closest thing is the frequency offset, but that won’t cover so much.
Can you please give me more details?
Thank you!

So, as far as I remember, this was the legacy method for automatic allocation of the radio channel in Meshtastic.
I managed to change the channel by changing the “name” of the channel. It does work, but it would have been nice to set it directly anyway.

Thanks for the help!

It is a 3 week old change move channel_num to LoRaConfig by andrekir · Pull Request #203 · meshtastic/Meshtastic-protobufs · GitHub

OK, so I didn’t try “lora.channel_num” until now. Maybe this is obvious for more advanced users, but for me it wasn’t.
Thanks again.
Offtopic now, is there an option for Transmit Power as well? The ham licence allows for much more than 12dBm :slight_smile:

Regards.